This is a guest post by Sarvesh
When you are concerned about the web hosting services you are going to get from your service provider, then you should also be concerned about the operating system, which is used on the server where you are hosting your website. In case if you have a special recommendation for Windows or Linux operating system then you can ask the same to your web hosting company as they will be pleased to serve you in any manner. Both the operating system has their advantages and disadvantages.
Hosting tips to chose your operating system for Web hosting servers :
Actually, the choice to use operating system depends upon the scripts you have used in your website and are planning to host. If you have, a readymade website, which you want to host then you, can go with whichever operating system you want and if you want to build the website after you have purchased the services then better you use the Linux Server hosting. Most of the scripts used in Linux are advanced technologies and are like PHP, My SQL, Apache and Pearl. However, if you have ASP, DOT Net scripts used in your website then you should never use servers working on Linux operating system.
Advantages of using Linux Operating system for Hosting
- Being a free and open source operating system you need not have invest in getting the licensed version of the software which most other operating systems ask you to pay. You can easily download it from internet and start operating and using it at no additional amount.
- In near future if you want to change the website designed using Linux to Windows then it is completed in most hassle free ways. In addition, you can make different changes in the website according to increase in the traffic and to accommodate new technological applications.
- Being open source software you can control your expenses, as you do not have to bear additional cost for distribution, services provider bears the cost for that.
- Updating your website using PHP, My SQL, and Pearl is easy in Linux based severs as most of the applications are based on these scripting languages.
- Linux servers are most safe servers as they are miles away from the threats of hacking, viruses and any malpractices, which will harm the hosting Servers, and ultimately your website and data.