With a number of different applications being offered for Apple iPhone, it is terribly confusing as to which ones will work for a particular model. Some applications may work for iPhone 4, while others may only work for 4S. Therefore, it is essential to know which generation of iPhone you are using to determine which apps will work and which software’s to install.
When someone sees an iPhone in your hand, the first question they ask is which iPhone model is this one? For some, the answer to this question is like asking them their name simple and easy, but for some, it can be a difficult task. There are 5 generations of iPhone available in market; 1st Generation or the original iPhone, 2nd Generation or iPhone 3G, 3rd Generation or iPhone 3GS, 4th Generation or iPhone 4 and 5th Generation iPhone 4S. It's quite easy to determine the iPhone model and generation. Here, are few tips that will help you identify your iPhone.
1. Use the menu option; check the settings on the iPhone. Click on the Settings option, General, about, then Model. This will tell you which particular model and generation iPhone you are using.
2. Check the body or casing of the iPhone. The body of latest models iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S is made of thin glass and aluminum casing. However, iPhone 3G or 3GS are made of plastic casing.
3. Another way to distinguish between iPhone models is their color and capacities. The iPhone 4 and 4S are available in black and white color with three capacities of 16, 32 and 64 GB. Whereas, the first iPhone is only available in silver aluminum color, with three capacities of 4, 8 and 16GB. To check the capacity of your iPhone go to Settings option, General, About and then the capacity.
4. Check the position of the serial number on the iPhone. The serial number for iPhone 4 and 4S is on their SIM tray, whereas, for the first iPhone serial number is etched at the back of the iPhone.
5. Check the features of the iPhone. Every model and generation of the iPhone has its unique features. For example, iPhone 4S include ‘Siri’ software, has 8MP back camera, 1080p HD video recording capability. Whereas, iPhone 4 has 5MP back camera, LED flash to the right of the lens etc.
6. Look at the size of the iPhone. The iPhone 4 and 4S are slimmer, have redesigned case with square edges and a glass back, whereas, original iPhone, 3G and 3GS, are thicker and rounded back.
Downloading the correct and proper apps to the iPhone makes sure your iPhone is up to date and is working properly.